Sunday, October 24, 2010

Weekend out of the City: Retreat


Sorry I haven't posted anything recently...

School life is pretty good. Getting into the swing of things. This week I have been checking out student circles and figuring out which ones I like. We had a school holiday on Thursday (I believe it was the founding day of Waseda Univ.)! I got sick this past week so I rested a lot. I got better just in time for our group retreat to Karuizawa!

We had a bus take our group to Karuizawa, which is located in Nagano prefecture. It was SOOO nice to get out of the city for a bit and reconnect with nature and the outdoors :) The leaves were starting to change color! The air was very cold, crisp and clean. For many of my friends, this reminded them of home weather back in the states. It was COLD! I obviously should have brought more layers but I ended up being completely fine thanks to the room heaters and hot shower and It was my first experience on this particular Japan trip. I forgot how wonderfully warm they can be. :)

Anyway I had a good time with good friends. Now it is back to the grind in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment