Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 11: Reunited with the Japan Study Group:



Day 11: Reunited with the Japan Study Group:

Today our Japan Study group would be reunited once again. We were going on an adventure to Yokohama! After eating delicious asagohan I said bye and walked to the station. (If you can't tell my favorite meal is breakfast!) :)


Everything went perfectly as far as transportation goes. I made it to Waseda on time for a group meeting with our program leader. We got a Japan history lesson in 2 hours from our program director. That takes skill ha. Now I understand a lot more about Japan which is exactly what I wanted!!


After the lesson we gathered our belongings and headed for the subway. We had a LONG day of transportation. Riding in any moving vehicle seems to wipe me out! We walked through Yokohama a bit, which seemed unbelievably familiar, like I was in some European or American shopping area. To give a little background explaining my comment, Yokohama was the base area for foreign trade in Japan. It was also where many foreigners lived, such as American military personnel during the Korean War. Anyway this explains this “Western feel”. We walked through the streets to get to our destination: China Town. Seriously I think almost every country has a China town :) We walked around the streets looking at the shops and most importantly finding somewhere to eat lunch! We ended up going to a restaurant that was pretty cheap and basically we got what we paid for. The quality wasn’t good sadly. I would say this is my most disappointing meal but it is inevitable to have one of those especially after some really good meals I have had! After that I was on the search for some dessert but decided not to get any there.


Once our group met up again, we headed for the Yokohama look out area. I honestly was hoping it was going to be an amazing view after that HUGE hill we climbed! It ended up being pretty nice. After taking pictures and enjoying the view, we headed down to the station. I wasn't looking forward to the hour ride back ha...actually it went by pretty fast so I shouldn’t complain. Some of my friends and I went to eat dinner in the Takadanobaba station area and walked around Big Box, this shopping/sports center. For dinner we had some yummy gyoza and for dessert we went to the bakery upstairs. I got a yummy soft donut with adzuki beans in the middle. Ono! :) by that time I was tired and ready to head back home.


(Picture is from China town)


No comments:

Post a Comment