Monday, April 11, 2011

Winter Fun



Winter Break was absolutely amazing! Getting out of Tokyo and exploring other parts of Japan was great. Going to Niigata to go skiing/snowboarding with friends was TOTALLY fun and surprisingly affordable! I spend a few days in the mountains and returned back to Tokyo.

My mom came during this time and I spent many days sightseeing around Tokyo and taking her to eat delicious Japanese food! We then headed to Osaka for 6 days to visit my long time friends. We stayed with my friend and her family during 正月 (The New Years Time).

For New Years we ate a traditional meal, おせち料理、お雑煮(soup with mochi)、and had a sip of 酒, sake. We then went to the shrine, which is traditional on New Years.

For the rest of the time my friend took us sightseeing around Kyoto and Kobe, which was easily accessible by train. It was a lot of fun!

I then returned to classes in Tokyo and continued with the rest of my semester!



food for New Year's!

Visiting the shrine with my friend and her family

No comments:

Post a Comment