Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 3: Orientation Japan Study

Today I woke up with a better choice of clothing than yesterday. I was a lot more cooler today in this humid weather. I woke up earlier than yesterday since our group had to leave by 8am today. We were walking and discovering the longer route to campus today. It was nice outside but getting hot by 9am. It amazes me how Japanese can wear multiple layers of clothing, such as full suits or jeans, leggings, jackets, sweaters and scarfs. It is humid and not really fall yet! Most of these younger girls will chose to wear trendy and fashionable clothing before comfort it seems. I was wearing a dress and a light shawl and I wanted to take the shawl off!

After reaching Takadanobaba station, we walked the rest of the way to campus. It was a nice walk. Today I had my interview for housing. So after over thinking about it I decided that it would be best to do a home stay. Japan Study is good at setting up host families and since it is encouraged in their program it was best that I go with that. Also since practicing Japanese is my number 1 priority I will be able to practice! Overall today was difficult, first not being able to get out of the classroom the ENTIRE day. Finally after many long hours, 6pm came along and it was time for dinner. I was really hungry and luckily we were all going to be treated for dinner tonight. It was traditional Japanese foods and it was sooo good!! The one thing I regret is eating the dessert because that may have caused me to not feel good since I was already full by then. After dinner we ventured on our own to get home. We caught the train by ourself back to the hotel tonight for the first time. I was glad to get back and do computer things. (Did some international calling. For those of you going abroad or may be in college and don’t want to pay for calling, check out the phone chat on gmail. You probably already know about it but I definitely didn’t!! It’s AWESOME!!) Everything has been decided on and I am doing fine for know. Today was a little rough, but hey it happens. I can’t wait to meet my host family and start classes! :)


1 comment:

  1. As you can see from my posts so far: for these weeks it will be long journal entrees since I barely have time to post these! Thanks for your understanding! :) stay tuned

    ReplyDelete